Cocktail Caravan is growing, and we’re looking for some extraordinary folks to join the team! Think you have what it takes? Keep reading to learn about current openings and how to apply.
EVENT BARTENDER, SERVER, AND BAR BACK
*We always take resumes!
You radiate warmth behind the bar/on the floor and bring a positive outlook to every guest interaction. Guests love having you behind the bar so much so that they regularly request you specifically! You’re well-versed in the history, specifics, and production of spirits, wine, and beer and are comfortable sharing this knowledge with guests. You take pride in the details: perfect fresh garnishes, well-balanced cocktails, and a clean work station and bar. That being said, you’re still laid back and ready to roll with the punches as they come in at events (often!) and don’t take things too seriously behind the bar (its cocktails, not brain surgery!). It makes you feel awesome when you do something that helps, enhances, or makes another human’s day.
Cocktail Caravan is a boutique beverage catering service with several one-of-a-kind traveling mobile bars. We create lasting memories based around unique bar programs and experiences at private events. Our goal is to go above and beyond for the client and their guests at each event, bringing genuine enthusiasm, beautiful bar setups, stunning cocktails, and unrivaled bar staff. We pay extra attention to detail in everything from client consultations and communications to presentation of bars, cocktails, staff, and so on. These details are the foundations for our events and our bartenders are the main show— approachable, hard-working, knowledgeable, and fun! We can’t wait to have you join the team.
This is a perfect role for a service industry professional who is ready to share their excellent customer service skills and bar knowledge with new guests in settings that vary daily from intimate dinners to large-scale corporate events to weddings. We are more than happy to train the right servers and bar backs to work behind our bars.
Responsibilities + Expectations
- Setup and breakdown bar, including tools and décor
- Occasionally transport bar tools and décor to events
- Travel to various venues and locations in the metro-Denver/Boulder and surrounding areas
- Facilitate excellent guest experiences at events
- Follow our unique protocol and procedure for service at events
- Contribute to the team effort, chipping in where needed at events
- Maintain high standards for cocktail presentation and service
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy as needed
- General drive to go above and beyond on a daily basis
- Bring positive energy to events and stay positive throughout service
- Be an amazing representative of the Cocktail Caravan brand
- Supersede expectations by staying on top of and ahead of what needs to be done
- Be well versed in the brand, all products and packages, policies, legal issues regarding the service of alcohol
Skills + Requirements
- Responsible and professional in all instances
- Serious attention to detail (Like, SERIOUS.)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, primarily afternoons and evenings weekdays, always weekends
- Knowledge of local event scene a plus
- Three years bartending, serving, or bar back experience
- Current on-premise TIPS certification
- MAJOR BONUS: Experience pulling a trailer!
Vary, pending event types and timelines. More hours in high season.
Hourly at $23/hour plus tips (averaging $30-50/hr with tips)
How to Join the Team
Send resume and a quick note introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Just for fun, tell us what your favorite cocktail is and why.
We hope to hear from you, it would be great to have you join the team!